QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-11 > 1228016785

From: "Janet Lyman" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Translation
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 22:46:25 -0500

I unfortunately cannot read a date on Drouin. It is L'Acadie, St Marguerite
de Blairfindie, September, 1828. My problem is the day of the month and
year. (I know the year from the date of the volume I found it in and I am
pretty familiar now with the wording in the register for a birth, ie father,
mother etc but the dates and years still confuse me. The months I also have
worked out. If I put the date I think it is in the Babel Fish translator it
just comes back with numerals. Please if someone has time to look this up
could you be so kind as to let me know the day of the month of September.

Thank you so much in advance

Jan

PS is there a site that would show dates and years written out in French
Canadian which might help although I do have a problem with some of the
penmanship or from the writing implements of the time I guess.

This thread: