QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-11 > 1227428476

From: "John Romein" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Birth Pierre BOIVIN 1835 Baie-St-Paul - why were peopleunable to sign?
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 00:21:16 -0800

Thanks you very much for the translation, it really enlightens me as to how
these entries have been written.

Why would people be unable to sign? On these two pages of 6 entries one
person signed any of the entries. Were people that unable to sign their
names?

BTW The signature of the priest has a "ptre", is that "Father"?

John Romein