QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-09 > 1221107162

From: "Lisa Lepore" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Meaning of Tailleur De Pierre
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:26:02 -0400

As I said in my earlier message, I thought it was a stone cutter,
but this website
http://www.vieuxmetiers.org/

describes it as someone who prepares the stone given to him
by the stone cutter or to be made into a state used in contruction or
in sculpture.

artisan qui taille la pierre que lui donne le Scieur de pierre ou
l'equarisseur et
la met en etat d'etre employee en construction ou en sculpture.

so he wouldn't be a person who worked in the quarry - he would be the
one who prepared the stone that was already removed from the quarry.

Sorry about that,
Lisa