QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-09 > 1220990863

From: "FRANCOISE SEGUIN" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Creme De Sucre - Pralines
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 04:41:42 -0700

Hi Paul,
I just turned my computer on and aren't you talking about Sucre à la Crème?
in which case it is a kind of creamy Vanilla fudge made with Brown sugar and
cream. Pralines are they not a crispy crackly type of candy? Like peanut
Brittle or like someone cooked Sucre à la Crème for longer than soft ball
stage? Yes, it is the same recipe, just boiled to the hard ball stage.
According to my Grandmother it was made so not to waste the cream as it
could be made with sour cream as well they would add brown sugar and boil it
and spread on the snow or in summer cool in a pan for candy for the kids.
That way nothing was wasted. Fran P.S. I could be wrong but that's what
My Nana Côté said....