QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-04 > 1209313430

From: Patty Frazer <>
Subject: [Q-R] Funny Drouin Indexing Error
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

I just found the marriage entry on Ancestry of my g-g-grandfather, Joseph Marcoux (dit St. Onge), to Josephte Bouvier (widow of Louis Bergeron) on 01 Sep 1819 at Notre-Dame-du-Rosaire, St-Hyacinthe - which I already did have.

However, when I was searching for Josephte Bouvier with spouse Joseph Marcou (how name is spelled on marriage entry - Ancestry added an alternate spelling of Marcon on every Marcou entry) in 1819, the indexing came up with Louis Bergeron in 1819, but not Joseph Marcou(x). I went ahead and clicked on the record and the indexing page from Ancestry (usually where you will find capability to correct errors but not so far on these), it lists the marriage being for Louis Bergeron to Joseph Marcou! :) lol

I also tried the reverse and searched for Joseph Marcou as the primary person with Josephte as his spouse -- same marriage came up: Joseph Marcou to Louis Bergeron. No mention of poor Josephte Bouvier in the index. Tried also searching Joseph St. Onge (dit name he eventually used) and all St. Onge are indexed by St. Auge with St. Onge as the alternate spelling.

So, always click through if you find something vaguely close! You never know what you will find!

patty