QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-02 > 1202642207

From: Beaurega <>
Subject: [Q-R] Werner-Schrey child look up, Catherine Warner.
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 06:16:47 -0500

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am looking for the birth record of
Catharine Werner/Warner born ~1784 in Quebec.
Her father was Johannes Michael Werner (aka Michael Werner) and her mother
was Margaretha Schrey. Michael served during the war in LaPrairie,
according to his military records. So it seems that his daughter was born
during the 1780s and maybe even in LaPrairie. Her estimated birth date is
from an Ontario census and could be the wrong year. I have no idea what
church they attended or the town where they lived during the mid 1780s.

No other children were born in Quebec. Michael (UEL) and Margaretha
married near Albany NY in the 1760s and so they do not have a marriage
record in Quebec. His religion might be Lutheran and she might be Dutch Hi
Low (?). He was born in Germany but his birth record looks just like those
in Quebec, and is in French. So he might have been Catholic at one time
but married as a Lutheran. Maybe the minister or priest was from France
but assigned to Germany. I don't understand the French use instaed of
German or Latin.

Name variations are Werner / Warner / Verner / Varner.

Thank you in advance for any opinions or data on Catherine Warner 1784.

Paul

This thread: