QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-01 > 1201704998

From: "Lisa Lepore" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Italian Lepore families in Quebec- anyone working on them?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:56:38 -0500

Thanks for sending this info, Mona.

I heard this bit of information for the first time
last week, so I've never looked for Italians in Montreal.

My Italian ancestors who came to the US c. 1906
worked in the textile factories. They were farmers in Italy.
If my aunt was sending them *care packages* they must
have been in financial need.

Do you know what kind of jobs were available to Italian
speaking immigrants anytime from 1910 on? Or, are
there any books you can suggest?

My canadian ancestors were farmers & masons &
carpenters. At this same time, they were leaving Quebec
to find work in the US.

Thanks for the help,
Lisa