QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-12 > 1198219660

From: "D. O'" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] DNA testing and question regarding belief not an exactscience
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 06:47:40 +0000

Mona's reply reminded me of a program re a person needing a kidney transplant. All but one ember of the family were tested to see who might be a match. None were, but a brother living elsewhere returned to the home in order to be tested. When that was done, the doctor announced that this brother did not have the same mother as his siblings. Both mother and father knew doctor was wrong and went through several areas of testing until one young doctor in another location remembered something and did more testing. Sure enough the son was in the right family with the right mother but he should have been a twin but that did not develop and his body absorbed the DNA of the other cell and that caused an alteration.

Sorry that i cannot remember the doctor, the city, or the TV program for verification.

Doreen
=======