Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-11 > 1194725765

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Looking for parents to Ludger Daigneault married toJulienne Hebert
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:16:05 -0500

Salut, Florent!

I was hoping to find Ludger in my own database, since the Daignaults of
Laprairie are family -- but he wasn't there. I found Ludger and
Julienne in the 1911 census, where he is recorded as born about 1844.
I went to the Saint-Philippe de Laprairie Drouin records, and soon
found out why his parents are not easy to find -- the records for
1843-1845 are unreadable!

Now, I have only one question: Why didn't the pastor at Saint-Jacques
le Mineur simply ask him for his parents' names?

Meilleurs souhaits, et bon dimanche a tous!

Fr John L