QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-04 > 1176817105

Subject: Re: [Q-R] GOUIN dit CHAMPAGNE
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:38:25 EDT

Hi Mona,

The parish records for Sorel are missing from 1683-1724 (at ancestry.com) so
I can't check Jan's date of 1 Feb 1703 (suspect it's a typo using 2 for Feb
instead of 12 for Dec.) for the marriage of Sébastien and Louise in
Saint-Pierre de Sorel but here is what I have:

>From Sorel Marriages (online) where I do not find a GOUIN-RAINVILLE m. for 1
Feb.:

Sebastien GOUIN
(Pierre GOUIN m. Marie BOUNAUDE)
Louise RAINVILLE
(Jean RAINVILLE m. Elisabeth DELAGUERIPIERE)

m. 01 DEC 1703, Ct Lepailleur, Montreal, QC
Daniel GOUIN, b. ,
m. 26 APR 1735, Madeleine-Genevieve VALOIS

>From the PRDH (Cert.# 47860):

Couple 47860

Montréal 1703-12-01

Rank Name Age M.S. Pr. Sex

01 SEBASTIEN GOUIN CHAMPAGNE

DECLARED NOT BEING ABLE TO SIGN
Occupation : SOLDAT DE LA COMPAGNIE DE M. DEMARICOUR
Origin: ST-VIVIER, VILLE ET DIOCESE DE XAINTONGE
030 c p m

02 LOUISE RAINVILLE

DECLARED NOT BEING ABLE TO SIGN
Residence : VILLE DE QUEBEC
--- c p f

03 PIERRE GOUIN
FATHER OF 01 SPOUSE OF 04
--- m --- m

04 MARIE BEUNAUDE
MOTHER OF 01 SPOUSE OF 03
--- m --- f

05 JEAN RAINVILLE
FATHER OF 02 SPOUSE OF 06
--- m --- m

06 ISABELLE LAGUERIPIERE
MOTHER OF 02 SPOUSE OF 05
--- m --- f

07 CHARLES REINVILLE
BROTHER OF 02
--- --- p m

08 JOSEPH PARENT
COUSIN OF 02
--- --- p m

09 PAUL LEMOINE DEMARICOUR

Occupation : ECUYER, CAPITAINE D'UNE COMPAGNIE DU DETACHEMENT DE LA MARINE
--- --- p m

10 CLAUDE CARON

Occupation : HABITANT
--- --- p m

11 DEBELMONT

Occupation : GRAND VICAIRE

12 PRIAT

Occupation : PRETRE, FAISANT LES FONCTIONS CURIALES
Residence : VILLE-MARIE
--- c p m

© PRDH _www.genealogy.umontreal.ca_ (http://www.genealogy.umontreal.ca)

This is the data that I have in my database. That said, it was also not that
unusual for a couple to file a marriage contract AFTER they were married.