QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-03 > 1174153263

From: "Judy Wypych" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Proulx/Duhamel
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:40:20 -0500

Can anyone tell me if the name Emily is ever substituted for the name
Philomene. I am trying to find the marriage record of my gggrandmother
Philomene Proulx (Andre and Marie Genevieve Lavallee) to Pierre Duhamel. I
have found a marriage in Cumberland RI of Emily Prue (Andre Prue and Marie
Lavallee) to Pierre Duhamel. According to "The Beginnings of the Franco
American Colony in Woonsocket RI" Andre and Marie were living there. I
cannot find a record of the birth of Emily to these parents and was
wondering if this could be Philomene. It would seem a coincidence that 2 of
their daughters married Pierre Duhamel.

Judy

This thread: