QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2006-08 > 1156921924

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Desorsiers/Ayotte
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 03:12:04 EDT

Thanks for the info. I had Amble but then came across someone that said it
was Antoine so I hope someone can get the correct name for sure.
thanks Jan

The Ontario Marriage Registers are not available prior to 1857, however I
found some info for you on this family:

--
1881 Canada Census - Household: AYOTTE

Name Marital Status Gender Ethnic Origin Age Birthplace Occupation Religion
Regis AYOTT M Male French 55 Quebec Farmer Catholic
Angeline AYOTT M Female French 51 Quebec Catholic
Levi AYOTT Male French 18 Ontario Farmer Catholic
Sarah AYOTT Female French 16 Ontario Catholic
Christopher AYOTT Male French 11 Ontario School Catholic
Source Information:
Census Place Stanley, Huron South, Ontario
Family History Library Film 1375908
NA Film Number C-13272
District 173
Sub-district E
Division 3
Page Number 17
Household Number 70

Ontario, Canada Deaths, 1869-1932 Record
about Angeline Ayotte
Name: Angeline Ayotte (Occ: Farmer's wife)
Death Date: 10 Feb 1899 (Age 70 yrs)
Death Location: Huron (Stanley)
Gender: Female
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1829
Birth Location: Canada
Cause of death: sudden heart disease
Informant: Adam Faust

Unfortunately I could not find any death info on Regis.

Under the site World Connect <http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/>; there are
several entries for Angele Desrosiers & Regis Ayotte - here is one and
you'll have to verify the source info:

"Ayotte,Yelle,Deschamps,Laframboise Branches"
Submitter: Darlene
Contact:

ID: I2882
Name: Angele DeRosia (sic)
Sex: F
Birth: 23 NOV 1830 in Ste Elizabeth, Quebec, Canada
Death: 10 FEB 1899 in St. Joseph, Huron City, Ontario, Canada

Father: Amable Desrosiers-Lafreniere
Mother: Victoire Heneault

Marriage 1 Regis Francois Olivier Ayotte b: ABT. 1828
Parents:
Father: Alexis Joachim Ayotte b: 2 JAN 1794 in St. Cuthbert, Berthier,
Quebec, Canada
Mother: Josephte Charron-Ducharme b: ABT. 1798 in Quebec, Canada

Married: 19 NOV 1851 in St. Peters Church, Goderich, Huron City, Ontario,
Canada

Children
1. Augustin Ayotte b: ABT. 1852 in Goderich, Huron City, Ontario, Canada
2. Regis Richard Ayotte b: 25 APR 1853 in Bayfield, Huron City, Ontario,
Canada
3. Daniel Ayotte b: 23 MAR 1855 in Bayfield, Huron City, Ontario, Canada
4. Alexis Ayotte b: 22 MAR 1857 in Bayfield, Huron City, Ontario, Canada
5. Narcisse Ayotte b: ABT. 1860
6. Mary Anne Ayotte b: 1 JAN 1861 in Bayfield, Huron City, Ontario, Canada
7. Olivier Ayotte b: 31 JAN 1863 in Bayfield, Huron Cty., Ontario, Canada
8. Sarah Ayotte b: ABT. 1865
9. Christopher Ayotte b: ABT. 1871

Doreen