QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2006-07 > 1152851771

From: "Bette McIntosh" <>
Subject: KRUEGER family ca. 1863-1870 > Quebec
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:36:11 -0500

Dear List Members,

Thank you for the opportunity to post my request for research help on this mail list. I have joined this list in hopes that I will obtain some much needed help/direction in locating my ancestors for the missing years from the time that the emigrant KRUEGER family sailed from Hamburg to Quebec (1863) until they arrived in Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., Ohio (1870).

I have documentation that Julia KRUEGER (possible variant spellings KREGER or KRAGER) and her six children arrived in Quebec on or about 12 September 1863 from Hamburg on the ship the 'Bark Ocean'. Although Martin KRUGER, the husband & father of this emigrant family, embarked from Hamburg in July 1863 with his wife & six children he never arrived in North America as it is understood that he died on board ship and was buried at sea.

I am trying to locate the whereabouts in Canada, more than likely Quebec, of Julianna KRUEGER (nee STEINKE) born 1819 and her children: Appolonia b. 1846, Julia b. 1851, Martin Stephen b. 1853, Rosalie b. 1855, Anton born 1860 & John b. 1862; all born in Prussia. I also have reason to believe that daughter, Rosalie KRUEGER (age 8-15 years), may have died while the family was in Canada as she is enumerated on the passenger manifest but has never been sighted in any US Census. Neither Rosalie KRUEGER's death certificate or burial record has ever been located in the USA.

Can someone jump-start my research efforts by locating the death of a Rosalie (Rosalia) KRUEGER in Canada and/or her family in a Canadian Census or Quebec City Directory for the 1863-1870 time period? Any help along these lines would be gratefully received.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Bette

This thread: