QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2006-05 > 1148063403

From: "Gary Boivin" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Rib-It Day May 19
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:30:03 -0600

When I was a kid my Anglophone mother would
go to the printers and get some cards made up
so that she could send them out on June 24th to
all her francophone friends and neighbours.

These cards proclaimed

H A P P Y F R O G S D A Y !

and they always had a caricature of a frog
in different poses/situations.

FYI ... June 24th is "La fête national du Québec"
(Quebec National Holiday) also known as
St-Jean-Baptiste Day.