QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2006-01 > 1136385822

From: "Martin Lacoste" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] RE: Tanguay
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:43:42 -0500

Hi Fran:
You're closest bet is Toronto (Toronto Reference Library), I'm afraid. So, get walking...
;-)

And, throwing my two cents in...

PRDH (IMO) is one of the best resources available to genealogists out there - I'm sure
people of other ancestries - Irish, German, American... etc... - would give their eye-tooth
to have a resource as comprehensive and as accurate as PRDH. Is it perfect? - no -
what is? But I've used hundreds of sources, and nothing even comes close. So, for
me, is it worth the money? - I'd spend more in gas money to get to a library that has it,
and I can access it whenever I want - so most definitely yes. And, by the way, anyone
who has used the books knows - they are not the easiest to use (and yes it is helpful to
know French). And another thing... - last names are standardized in the online version -
a tremendous bonus, esp. with all those dit names.

Ok - so that was 3 cents...

Take care!
Martin Lacoste

This thread: