QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-11 > 1131580986

From: "Dora Smith" <>
Subject: need census lookups - can trade for U.S. census lookups
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:03:06 -0600

I need census lookups on a family and two offspring at later dates. I need
to specifically know what happened to the following people.

Edmund Cauthers, b 1858, and Harriet Cauthers, b 1864, to John and Mary Ann
Cauthers, who consistently lived in Montreal, and died tehre in 1895 and
1896. There were three other children, but I know what happened to them.
There is no church or cemetery record of them dying as children. In a
later Montreal city directory tehre is an H Cauthers, laborer, adn I wonder
if this could have been Harriet.

I do not know if either of them stayed in Quebec. I did demonstrate that
they did not go to the U.S. wearing the name Cauthers.

They should be in the census in John Cauther's family in 1870 if they lived.
It would be nice to know where they were and what they were doing in 1880,
1890 and 1900.

I would appreciate any knowledge about these two. Thanks!

I can do lookups in the U.S. census in Ancestry.com.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas

This thread: