Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-04 > 1114128601

From: "D. O'" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Tanguay's book
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:10:01 +0000

My understanding of this phrase "Table alphabtique des noms de femmes
n'ayant souche en
Canada;" is

Alphabetical list of the names of women without origins in Canada.

My old school french/english dictionary shows "souche" as stump / stock when
speaking of trees; origin/source when speaking of genealogy or family.

>Subject: Re: [Q-R] Tanguay's book Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:17:20 EDT
>Thank you for clarifying that for me, much appreciated.
>Roussel, Masson
>==== QUEBEC-RESEARCH Mailing List ====
>Easy on list uncle also..he's always on the lookout making sure that we all
>behave<g> and have fun!! He's just a kid, go see him at:
> Q-R kids, you will
>meet him among the old, the not so old and the new KIDS <g>
>You can submit your photos and see all the happy listers at:
>the Q-R list New Photo Album at :
>Census images 1901, 1891, 1881 and 1871, plus so much more.
>'s United Kingdom & Ireland Collection. Learn more:

This thread: