QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-04 > 1113917272

From: "Cochran, Phil" <>
Subject: RE: [Q-R] Genealogy
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:27:52 -0400

It's true, I look for the colorful characters. I recently came across a
website that has many old Northern NY newspapers on line. I was doing
searches and came across by 2 great grandmothers brother who went to
jail for stealing chickens, and then was "accidentally" shot and killed
by his brother. I have a couple from the early in Canadian history who
were tried and hung for murdering their son-in-law.

I think these stories make your past interesting, though I do have
relatives who will tell you stories about some relative, but then say
don't write it down.

Regards,
Phil Cochran