QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-02 > 1109444614

From: Richard Rozon <>
Subject: The Duchess of Cornwall - Mathurine Robin
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 14:03:34 -0500

My computer crashed so I am a little delayed in replying to this message.

I am curious whether anybody has traced the Robin line. I found a website
which states that my Robins ancestry were originally from Normandy - some
miscellaneous (lol) ancestor was given land near the Scottish border in
1066. The family name was (supposedly) Ro-Byn.
Comments?

> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:01:42 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: [Q-R] The Duchess of Cornwall - Interesting Ancestry
>
> Her Grace, the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Rosemary, née Shand, is the
> third-great-granddaughter of The Honourable Allan Napier McNabb, Bart., Prime
> Minister of Upper Canada (1854-1856). Her grandmother, Lady Mary McNabb, née
> Stuart, is the granddaughter of Marie-Charlotte Coursol dit Laflotte.
>
> Marie-Charlotte Coursol is the daughter of Michel Coursol, a native of
> Laflotte, Diocese of La Rochelle, Province of Aunis, and Marie-Josephe Guyon
> dit
> Lemoine, a native of Grondines, Portneuf, Quebec.
>
> Marie-Joseph Guyon is the daughter of Joseph Guyon and Élisabeth Guillet.
>
> Her grandparents are Joseph Guyon & Geneviève Cloutier; Louis Guillet &
> Marie Trottier.
>
> Her great-grandparents are Jean Guyon & Élisabeth Couillard; Zacharie
> Cloutier & Madeleine Aymard; Pierre Guillet & Jeanne St-Père; Jean-Baptiste
> Trottier & Geneviève Lafond.
>
> Her great-great-grandparents are Jean Guyon & Mathurine Robin; Guillaume
> Couillard & Guillemette Hebert; Zacharie Cloutier & Xaintes Dupont; Jean
> Aymard
> & Marie Bineau; Étienne St-Père & Madeleine Cousteau; Jules Trottier and
> Catherine Loiseau; Étienne Lafond & Marie Boucher.
>
> Her Grace is my 9th cousin. If you are interested in finding out how you
> are related to her, or in adding her to your gen files (and there are, I
> suspect, few of us who are not related to her 9th-great-grandparents), you
> might
> try the following link:
>
> _http://members.aol.com/eurostamm/_ (http://members.aol.com/eurostamm/)
> camilla.html.
>
> Fr Owen Taggart

> We're a COMMUNITY, not a list!
> Remember to give a time frame "CENTURY" with each posting!
> And put NAMES in CAPs letters
> Rapelle toi de toujours donner une date "CENTENAIRE" avec chaque question, et
> mets les NOMS en lettre MAJUSCULE !
> Rule #3 Within the bounds of Rule #1 and #2, have FUN!
> We are a community, sharing our stories, history,culture,
> and yes, French Foods..
> VISIT the Quebec list Web page/ Visite la page du Web Q-R:

> http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: