QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-02 > 1107535313

From: "Sharyn Hay" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] OT: Accessing messages with Outlook Express
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:47:23 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 5:10 AM
Subject: [Q-R] OT: Accessing messages with Outlook Express

> Hi Listers,
>
> I've never had any problems with my mail from the list in the 7-8 years that I've been with aol but I'm trying to switch to
Earthlink which uses Outlook Express. I subscribed to the list at the new address but all the messages come in as attachments --
as many as 20-25.(Presumably one for each individual message?)

> I look forward to the list messages as the most important ones that I get each day but this is incredibly cumbersome. I don't use
a firewall; is there some option I should be turning off?

> Anybody know how to deal with this problem? Will I have to switch to subscribing to the list with individual messages?
>
> TIA
> Jackie Hostage

Outlook Express shows the DIGEST messages as "attachments" because
that's how it interprets the Rootsweb coding. The only way to change that
is to subscribe in LIST mode.

Sharyn

This thread: