QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-01 > 1107020545

From: "D. O'" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Albert Beaulac, Rose Bousquet
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:42:25 +0000

Hi Donna -

In the 1881 Canada Census for the Province of Quebec in Shefford County,
there are only 14 persons with surname of "Beaulac" and they are all in
Granby. One couple is Jean Baptiste Beaulac born in 1807 and wife Marie born
in 1809. Another family is that of Pierre Beaulac born in 1853, his wife
Rosalie born in 1856 and their children Armenie, Louisa, Ezebie and Hector
and living in the same household is Noel Renaud who was born in USA in 1855,
his wife and 5 children who were all born in the Province of Quebec.

There are 56 persons with surname of "Bousquet" and 8 spelled "Bousquoit"
all in Shefford County, but none in Granby.

To accompany Dave's info, this family appears in the 1881 Canada Census,
Province of Quebec, Shefford County as follows, which looks as though
"Arcelia" has been copied as "Arilia"

Household: BEAULAC

Name Marital Status Gender Ethnic Origin Age Birthplace Occupation Religion
Francis BEAULAC M Male French 35 Q <Quebec> Rouleur Roman
Catholic
Rosalie BEAULAC M Female French 28 Q <Quebec> Roman Catholic
Victor BEAULAC Male French 8 Q <Quebec> Roman Catholic
Corinne BEAULAC Female French 6 Q <Quebec> Roman Catholic
Arilia BEAULAC Female French 3 Q <Quebec> Roman Catholic
Alfred BEAULAC Male French <1 Born: Feb; 2/12 Q <Quebec>
Roman Catholic
Source Information:
Census Place Granby, Shefford, Quebec
Family History Library Film 1375837