QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2004-11 > 1101413752

From: "D. O'" <>
Subject: RE: [Q-R] Researching BEAUPRE abt 1870's and before 1881
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:15:52 +0000

Hi -
Just to play out another scenario - what if the child was placed in an
orphanage because the parents could not care for her. That was common at
the time. Who knows. My point being that you can not assume that this
Victor who died is actually the father of Louise. The father may have been a
voyageur or a miner and died somewhere else at a later date. It would be
better to follow the trail of Louise. If she was not a foundling, then did
she marry? did she enter a convent? In either case the records of her
parents would likely be known.

Doreen

This thread: