QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2004-10 > 1097949623

From: Ellen <>
Subject: Arquebuse
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:00:23 -0700

The arquebuse was the step between the canon and the musket... The
first ones weren't much more than a (barely) portable canon barrel. A
couple of years ago there was a fascinating article in the Military
History magazine on the evolution of the arquebuse. The Destroismasions
(father and uncle of Philippe Destroismaisons dit Picard, the immigrant)
were said to be makers of arquebuses back in Montreuil sur Mer.

Ellen

--
Acta non verba...

Picard Surname Homepage: