QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2004-06 > 1087692962

From: "Renee Cummings" <>
Subject: RE: [Q-R] LORION/LERT
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:56:08 -0400

Here are the PRDH mar. contract and certificate
PRDH Marriage Contract No. 94160, , in Lieu indetermine au Quebec
Marie Lorion, origin Ste-Solinne, Diocese de la Rochelle
Parents: Mathurin Lorion, origin Ste-Solinne, Diocese de la Rochelle, and
Francoise Morin, dec'd., origin Ste-Solinne, Diocese de la Rochelle
Etienne Laire, residence Ville-Marie, origin Paroisse de Cromiere, Diocese
d'Angers
Parents: Etienne Laire and Jeanne Barbier, dec'd., origin Paroisse de Maroy,
Diocese d'Angers
Present: Marie's step-mother, Jeanne Bisette, and Basset - notaire
==================
Marriage Certificate No. 47231, married Dec 9, 1658, in Montreal
Marie Lorion, residence Montreal
Parents: Mathurin Lorion - fermier du domaine, and Barbier dec'd.
Etienne Lert, residence Montreal
Parents: Francois Lert
Present: Blaise Juillet Davignon; Etienne's cousin, Gilbert Barbier; Marie's
step-mother, Jeanne Bisette; her brother-in-law, Nicolas Millet; her sister
Catherine Lorion; Dequeylus - grand vicaire de monseigneur l'archeveque de
rouen; and Gabriel Souart - priest

Notes: Le nom de la mere de l'epoux a ete laisse en blanc. Le prenom de la
mere de l'epouse a ete laisse en blanc. Une dispense de deux bans et une
dispense du temps de l'avent ont ete accordee par M. Dequeylus.

Notes The name of the mother of the groom was left blank. Le given name of
the mother of the bride was left blank. A dispense of 2 banns and a dispence
for "Advent time" was given by Mr. Dequeylus. (My translation, Renée)
(Advent is a period beginning with the Sunday nearest to the feast of St.
Andrew the Apostle (30 November) and embracing four Sundays. The first
Sunday may be as early as 27 November, and then Advent has twenty-eight
days, or as late as 3 December, giving the season only twenty-one days.)