QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2004-06 > 1087043831

Subject: Excerpt Of History
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:37:11 EDT

"I am in your power. Do with me what you please. I have done the white people
all the harm I could, I have fought them, and fought them bravely, if I had
an army I would yet fight, but I have none, my people are all gone. I can now
do no more then weep over the misfortunes of my nation."
Red Eagle-Creek Indian-1814
***************************
"Your forefathers crossed the great water and landed on this island. Their
numbers were small. We took pity on them, and they sat down among us. We gave
them corn and meat. They gave us poison in return."
Red Jacket-Seneca
***************************
"Since you are here as strangers, you should rather confine yourselves to the
customs of our country than impose yours upon us."
Wicomesse Indian -1633
"Sell a country! Why not sell the air, the clouds and the great sea, as well
as the earth? Did not the great spirit make them all for the use of his
children?"
Tecumseh-Shawnee
"If they are to fight, they are to few, if they are to die, they are to many."
Chief Hendrick-Mohawk-1755

This thread: