QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-12 > 1071167069

Subject: [Q-R] LECLERC/DANSEREAU children (fwd)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:24:29 +0000

Forwarded....Unc
---------------------- Forwarded Message: ---------------------
From: "Nancy L. Auclair" <>
To: <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: {not a subscriber} Re: [TalkACGS] LECLERC/DANSEREAU children
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:43:09 -0700

I probably don't have a lot for these families, but I will give you what I have
quickly found in looking through my files - and, there could be more than I
haven't found yet.
1. I have a birth/baptism of Franois Leclair, born July 22, 1795 and baptized
July 23, 1795 at St. Mathieu, Beloeil. Parents were Jean-Baptiste Leclaire and
Josette Dansereau.
2. I have a marriage of Charles Croteau, son of Charles Croteau and Josephte
Viaud-dit-Lesperance to Amable Leclaire, daughter of Jean-Baptiste Leclaire and
Josephte Dansereau on March 1, 1802 at St-Jean-Baptiste.
3. a baptism of Esther Leclair on November 16, 1818 at Ste-Marie-de-Monnoir,
Marieville, born November 15, 1818. Godfather Jean-Baptiste Benjamin, Godmother
Esther, last name illegible, priest Father J.B. Lajus
4. death of Jean-Baptiste Leclair, age 59 years, spouse of Marie-Desanges
Parent. Died on April 18, 1819 and buried on April 19, 1819 at
Ste-Marie-de-Monnoir, Marieville. Witnesses were Pierre Godard, Prudent Loizel,
Franois Viens and others. Priest was Father J.B. Lajus

As many people know, I also have to check out the Leclerc's because many
Auclair's changed their name to Leclerc, and I have also found some Auclair's
under the name of Leclair. Of course, I am not doing to genealogy for the
Leclerc and Leclair families, so when someone is looking for something and has
an approximate date, I check my files to see what I have. For the above files,
I can scan them and forward them to individual people. Just send me a request
at: It will take a few days to get back to you as we are
leaving very early in the morning tomorrow to close on our second home that we
are purchasing in Waterford, VT.
I hope this helps. Sincerely, Nancy Auclair
To: ; ;
; ;
; ;
; ;
; ; ;

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 7:58 AM
Subject: [TalkACGS] LECLERC/DANSEREAU children

Looking for marriages and deaths of the children listed below.

I just received the PRDH info below from another family researcher. There may
be more children after 1795 but they are not listed in PRDH. We do not have a
date of death for Marie Josephe DANSEREAU but we do know that Jean Baptiste
LECLERC (LECLAIR/E) was a widow and remarried on 8 Aug 1809 Ste Marie, Monnoir,
Rouville, Qc to Marie Desanges PARENT.

We now have 2 children of Jean & Marie Desanges, Charles & Michel (Mitchell)
both born sometime between 1810-1821. There is a possible third child listed as
the brother of Mitchell, his name is Deynse (Denis) also born 1810-1821. Jean
died before 1821 when Marie Desanges married Nicolas VALLIERE on 5 Mar 1821 St
Jean Baptiste, Qc. This was also Nicolas' second marriage he was the widower of
Marie Anne LAISNE-LALIBERTE.

Nicolas VALLIERE died before 1838 when Marie Desanges married Pierre PAQUET on
12 Nov 1838 St Cesaire, Qc. Pierre was widower of Louise JARET.

Lois La Clair

PRDH BAPTISMAL CERT. # 730249
Verchres 1782-05-27
Birth :1782-05-26