QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-10 > 1067392248

Subject: Re: [Q-R] translation help again please
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:50:48 EST

In a message dated 10/28/03 07:38:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> " LA PAGE DU REGISTRE ETANT DECHIREE, LE PRENOM DE LA MARRAINE EST
> ILLISIBLE
>
> " LA PAGE DU REGISTRE ETANT DECHIREE, LE NOM DE FAMILLE DE LA MERE A ETE
> TIRE DE TANGUAY
>
> I tried to buy a French dictionary and they didn't have one. So I went
> to the library and they didn't have one.
> And it seems that all of Zacharie Cloutier &Madeleine Aymard kids have
> something at the bottom of their records.

Most of Zacharie Cloutier and Madeleine Aymard's children have the notation
on their baptismal records that they were baptised provisionally at home.
There is no notation on the baptismal record of Pierre, the youngest child. The
words at the bottom of Charles' PRDH Vital Records page, cited above, are not
notations in the baptismal register, but comments by PRDH: "Because the
register page is torn, the given name of the godmother is not legible." "Because
the register page is torn, the family name of the mother was taken from
Tanguay."

Fr. Owen Taggart

This thread: