QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-06 > 1055394644

Subject: Re: [Q-R] REF: characteristic trait of all genealogists
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:10:44 -0400

Mary -

I thought I was the only one with those little pieces
of paper. I write on anything I have handy - including
my checkbook register, and the back of a paper
placement from a restaurant [with a brown crayon!]
-so thoughtfully provided for the children to keep them
busy while waiting for the food. If you really want to
laugh, my non-genealogist husband just threw me and
the dead-people [his words] out of the office space
we shared - he couldn't stand the piles on my half
of the double desk.
Now I have a whole table in another room, with
a whole bunch of new piles, and he's waiting impatiently
for me to move the old piles [like that's going to happen
sometime soon]

Lisa

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:09:42 -0400 Tanglewood <>
writes:
> I second that motion ! Thank God * Now I know
> I'am not >> " over board " I too have binders -
> boxes - paper files - computer mass over load-
> mounds of genealogy charts- photo's - documents -
> And the all present attitude " Do Not Touch " !!
> Every once in a while- I have to stop and reorganize
> or else I just keep piling one item after another. Does
> any one , have those scraps of paper > with notes jotted
> down on them ? You know the ones you let go for so long-
> you can not remember what it is suppose to mean ? But,
> oh no- do not throw it away * as you are sure you will
> come to your senses and figure it out - sooner or latter !
> WOW * I feel much better > knowing I'am not a
> crazy person after all.
> Mary

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!