QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-03 > 1047708461

Subject: Re: [Q-R] DONUTS --O/T
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:07:46 EST

In a message dated 3/15/03 12:32:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> By the way, one of our cousins has informed me that Bismarcks are not
> conical
> shaped concoctions, but rectangular sandwiches of fried pastry dough,
> filled
> with cream and raspberry jelly, and sprinkled with powdered sugar. That's
> the way they made them at Langelier's, I'm told. And that's the way they
> were!

It seems I partially misunderstood a previous communication. Bismarcks were
not fried, but baked, then split in half, filled with cream and jelly, and
sprinkled with powdered sugar.

In any case, they were delicious. And so were the cone-shaped concoctions
filled with cream and jelly, and topped off with a dollop of cream and a
fresh raspberry. I guess they weren't Bismarcks, after all. But they were
yummy on the lips and in the tummy!

Fr. Owen Taggart

This thread: