QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-03 > 1047706313

Subject: Re: [Q-R] DONUTS --O/T
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:31:57 EST

In a message dated 3/14/03 06:00:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> You are definitely evil, Fr. Owen! Evil, I say! Now I'm gonna have to
> finish that last Baklava and make a whole new pan. And for my money, yes,
> they are better than Krispy Kremes, Butlers and Dunkin Donuts all rolled up
> together!

I am not evil, cousin Dave! I am good! The only way to improve one's
ability to avoid evil is to build strength, and the best way to build
strength is to exercise virtue. Temptation is the Nautilus Machine, or the
Pilates Program of the spiritual life. I am only offering you all an
opportunity to gain strength by resisting temptation.

By the way, one of our cousins has informed me that Bismarcks are not conical
shaped concoctions, but rectangular sandwiches of fried pastry dough, filled
with cream and raspberry jelly, and sprinkled with powdered sugar. That's
the way they made them at Langelier's, I'm told. And that's the way they
were!

Fr. Owen Taggart

This thread: