QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-03 > 1047568039

From: JuliaDalgleishSauter <>
Subject: [Q-R] Dalgleish Megantic County
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:08:46 -0600

I have found Adam Dalgleish death recorded in 1874 in Inverness, Megantic County but not his brother James.
All I have is a reference to his possible death "1870 Land Grants shows rep of James Dalgleish has 100 acres in Gore of Somerset" . I have checked all the death records I could find at that time.
A Robert Dalgleish and Mary Kelly married about 1852-54 who appear suddenly in Halifax, Megantic County and have two sons baptised there 1852/55 called William and James, but I cannot find their marriage before these births.
I think I know who Robert's parents are but have no proof. I think he was born in 1833 in Montreal. I have no idea where these two came from or where they went. They joined other Dalgleishes in Halifax farming in the 1861 census. I did not find them on 1861 or 1871 census with the others. Others went into the states or Ontario by 1880. Apparently there is no 1851 census in that area?

Could anyone guide me in the direction to find this information.
Thanks. Julia

Julia Dalgleish Sauter, Saskatoon, Canada
Searching Dalgleish, Rutherford & Heriot in Scotland
Searching Dalgleish& Aird in Montreal & Megantic County
Searching Thackeray & McQuarrie & Kearney in Ontario...........

To some it's just a hobby, to Me it's much more,
I learn the joys and heartaches of those that went before.
They loved, they lost, they laughed, they wept - and now, for me,
They live again in spirit, around the FAMILY TREE.

This thread: