QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-03 > 1047533426

From: Elenore Chamberland <>
Subject: [Q-R] Spudnuts
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:31:56 -0800

Hi Gary:
Will this one do?

Raised Potato Doughnuts

2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup freshly mashed potatoes
1 1/2 packages active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3 eggs, well beaten
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
8 cups all purpose flour
Scald milk. Add sugar, shortening, salt and potatoes. Stir and cool to
lukewarm.
Meanwhile, dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand 5 minutes. Then add
potato mixture and eggs. Stir in lemon extract and cinnamon. gradually add
flour, stirring until well blended, after each addition. Scrape into
greased bowl, cover, let rise in warm place, until it holds the impression
of your finger when you touch it lightly. Then punch down to release bubbles.
Roll out on lightly floured board to 1/2" thickness. Cut with 2 3/4"
doughnut cutter,place on floured dish towel, and cover with another towel,
let rise in a warm place, until doubled in bulk.
Fry in at least 1 inch of hot fat, 375 degrees F. until golden on both
sides, turning gently with a fork only once. Drain on absorbent paper.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen.

This is from an old recipe out of the newspaper.

Elenore
At 10:03 AM 03/12/2003 -0700, Gary Boivin wrote:
>Nice recipe...
>I'm looking for a doughnut recipe for SpudNuts.
>They are a yeast, potato flour doughnut.
>Ya got one Matante?

This thread: