QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-03 > 1047170376

From: auntie-do <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Language question from husband
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 16:39:36 -0800

Hi Kay - here are a couple of sites that may be of interest to you. As far
as I know, joual is slang ... do they talk English in Brooklyn? Whereas
patois is a regional dialect which can be in Quebec or Jamaica or
Louisianna.

http://www.canadiantheatre.com/dict.pl?term=Joual

http://planete.qc.ca/linguistiques/ linguistiques-2812001-24551.html

Cheers!