Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-01 > 1043655476

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Married in Front of the Church/This really happened
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:17:56 -0500

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:50:17 EST writes:
> In a message dated 1/26/03 10:19:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> writes:
> <<
> Fr. Owen -
> I think we RI'ers just don't worry about the
> technicalities..... >>
> Couples who don't get a license in one
> jurisdiction or the other are subject to
> penalties under civil law. Couples who
> marry in the Blackstone church without
> the permission of the Bishop of Providence
> marry illicitly and invalidly.
> Rhode Islanders who think it doesn't
> make any difference make "enfants
> naturels" of their children!
> Fr. Owen Taggart

Hmmm another technicality!

Seriously, though I appreciate your answer,
I had no idea a person needed the permission
of their own Diocese's Bishop to get married in
another Diocese.

Maybe you know the answer to another question
about border cemeteries? How did it come to
be that the Precious Blood Cemetery in Woonsocket RI
is under the management of the St John the Baptist
Cemetery in Bellingham MA? I am guessing it was
due to lack of room to expand Precious Blood, but
the poor caretaker is so busy, I never got a
chance to ask him.

Only $9.95 per month!

This thread: