QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2003-01 > 1041682273

From: "richardson" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] OT - Being buried in SNOW
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 07:12:00 -0500

I am sitting here, working on my computer and listening to the news on
TV...they showed it snowing in Portland, ME...it is so beautiful to watch.
However, I have only been in or seen snow 2 times in my entire life. The
last time was horrible, because we are not equipped to handle it, my fuel
line, I guess had accumulated some condensation over the years and my fuel
line froze and could not get any fuel for the heat, so we stayed huddled in
the small hallway of our home with only a little bathroom heater to keep
warm. We moved our Christmas tree (it was small) into the hall and we still
had Christmas...it was beautiful though. We learned things that time, that
we would do differently the next time. I would like to visit where people
know how to handle the snow.

It doesn't snow very often in N. Florida...but it is beautiful.

Eleanor