QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-12 > 1040277031

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Deux Montagnes area list/references
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:50:31 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2002 5:08:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

<< I continue to make no headway in my search for the marriage/parents of
Joseph Brazeau and Appoline Choiniere. Multiple posts to this list, the PRDH,
etc., have turned up nothing. The American-Canadian Genealogical Society in
Manchester, NH took up the search about 6 weeks ago. I received a letter from
them yesterday stating that they were unable to make any headway in this
search. They did find a marriage for an Appoline Choiniere dit Sabourin to a
Felix Lalond 26 Nov 1849 at Deux Montagnes. Joseph and Appoline were married
about 1850 so the date would be right. The researcher at ACGS said that
Joseph's "real" name could have been Felix and Lalonde may have been a dit
name for Brazeau. Does this seem possible?

The ACGS suggested that I turn my attention to the Two Mountains area near
Montreal. Could someone suggest another Rootsweb list or another research
source that includes this area? >>

Hi Valerie,

I don't know if this will be of any help, perhaps someone could check their
St-Scholastique repertoires to find the wife's name of this couple.

In searching in the 1881 Canadian Census on the familysearch.com website I
found the following:

Household Record 1881 Canadian Census

--
Household:

Name Marital Status Gender Ethnic Origin Age Birthplace Occupation Religion
J Bte BRAZEAU M Male French 45 Quebec Journalier Catholique
Appoline BRAZEAU M Female French 44 Quebec Catholique
Joseph BRAZEAU Male French 16 Quebec Catholique
Palmire BRAZEAU Female French 9 Quebec Catholique
Alderic BRAZEAU Male French 7 Quebec Catholique
Wilfrid BRAZEAU Male French 5 Quebec Catholique
Marie BRAZEAU Female French 4 Quebec Catholique
Parmelie BRAZEAU Female French 2 Quebec Catholique
Felicite LALANDE W Female French 75 Quebec Catholique

--
Source Information:
Census Place Ste-Scholastique, Deux-Montagnes, Quebec

Regards,
Linnie

This thread: