QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-12 > 1040249093

From: "Valerie McClung" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Deux Montagnes area list/references
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:04:54 -0500

Hello to all,

I continue to make no headway in my search for the marriage/parents of Joseph Brazeau and Appoline Choiniere. Multiple posts to this list, the PRDH, etc., have turned up nothing. The American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Manchester, NH took up the search about 6 weeks ago. I received a letter from them yesterday stating that they were unable to make any headway in this search. They did find a marriage for an Appoline Choiniere dit Sabourin to a Felix Lalond 26 Nov 1849 at Deux Montagnes. Joseph and Appoline were married about 1850 so the date would be right. The researcher at ACGS said that Joseph's "real" name could have been Felix and Lalonde may have been a dit name for Brazeau. Does this seem possible?

The ACGS suggested that I turn my attention to the Two Mountains area near Montreal. Could someone suggest another Rootsweb list or another research source that includes this area?

Thank you,

Valerie

This thread: