QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L ArchivesArchiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-11 > 1038026240
From: Gai LaMarche <>
Subject: [Q-R] Dessert to die for!
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:37:20 -0600
This recipe was handed down from my 3rd-gr-grandmother Delia Aubry, and
is still a holiday favorite!
Mimere's Icebox Pudding
1 lb. sweet unsalted butter
2 C. powdered sugar
12 eggs (separated)
6 squares bakers chocolate (semi-sweet or unsweetened depending on your
1 TBSP. vanilla
4-5 pkgs. lady fingers (the soft ones) (Mimere made hers, I buy mine)
1. Line the sides and bottom of a serving bowl with ladyfingers
2. Melt chocolate
3. Cream butter & sugar together
4. Add egg yolks one at at time to the creamed butter & sugar
5. Drizzle the melted chocolate into the butter & sugar mixture.
6. Add vanilla.
8. Set aside.
9. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into the other mixture
10. Layer into serving bowl: chocolate mix/ladyfingers/chocolate mix
11. Chill. Serve with real whipped cream Bavarian whipped cream is
12. Loosen belt and lie down!
|[Q-R] Dessert to die for! by Gai LaMarche <>|