QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-04 > 1019225333

From: "Don W. Diminie" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Dumesnil..Legault Ancestors
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:07:10 -0700

Greetings:
I am a new subscriber thanks to my wonderful Cousin Gigi. I have
monitored the list for a day or so and I must say it is a very helpful
and friendly list...wow, even mentioning hockey...and Carolina at
that...hmm, wonder how they keep the ice frozen down there? <g>

You can see my name above...originally it was Dumesnil. My G GF was
Ferdinand Dumesnil born 1834 in Coteau du Lac, Quebec. On 12 Aug 1857 he
married, in Notre Dame, Montreal, to Angeline (Angele) Legault of St
Clet, Quebec. He was the son of Francois Dumesnil and Marie Louise
Morineau and GGM was the d/o Joseph Legault and Marie Vande(t) Ferdiand
Dumesnil was a lumberman and because of the work going on in Ontario,
moved to Belleville, Ontario about 1860 I think.

I have both their lines traced back in time...I would however like to
determine the siblings of Ferdinand and Angele. I know she had a
brother Joseph who I think married an Emelie Levac (Levesque) and
Ferdinand may have had siblings named Joseph and Marguerite. Any help
in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

The most important brick wall I have though, is finding one, Polydore
Legault, born ca 1868 at Ste Philomene (?) Near Montreal. At some point
he went to NY state and married a Delia Quintal...Cousin Gigi posted
about this the other day, so rather than be overlong here, I will post
about Polidore later. Thanks for reading and I know I shall enjoy this
list.
PS:
If anyone is doing research in the Lennox-Addington area of Ontario, I
have several books of old vital stats that I can do look ups in...I will
post the titles in the appropriate place. Thakks; yours in genealogy,
Don

This thread: