Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-03 > 1015848207

From: "djweber" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] dit names
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 06:03:27 -0600

It probably is not correct to adjust the word "dit" into the word
"dite" but I am working through Parish Registers from the early
1800s back to the late 1600s and in most cases the Priest has
differentiated between masculine "dit" and feminine "dite" so
if such Men of God could be in error, I feel as though I must be
in good company by continuing the same error within my

Other languages have variances for the feminine so I merely
consider "dite" as the French language variance.

This thread: