QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-01 > 1012315674

From: "Elaine Brown" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Re: Lookup? MARIAGES de PONTIAC
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:47:54 -0500

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the lookup for Carol which is not too encouraging I'm afraid
:-( I'm wondering if you've looked at film 1703968 - Diocese of
Pembroke -- Temiskaming/Abitibi? The film is in two parts, the first being
registrations from 1836 - 1838 of which I have the index. The second part is
1838 - 1842 which isn't indexed but I found some of my extended family in
it. There's also a write-up in french by Jos. H. Martin of the history of
the missions which I'm in the process of typing for translation. The online
translators don't do a great job but I'm getting the gist of it.

As you might expect there are numerous native baptisms, etc. but there are
also French and British. Of the Larondes there are: Eustache, Louis and Paul
page 21; Marie Elizabeth page 77 also Toussaint Laronde and Marie Laronde
page 77; Charles Laronde page 85. I don't see any Gaudettes. I'm sorry I
can't tell you about the second half of the film but I know there are
recordings for many people from Lapasse like Cyrille Gervais and Veronique
Sabourin.

Hope this helps,

Elaine