QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-01 > 1012277900

From: "Ronald Johnston" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Re: Lookup? MARIAGES de PONTIAC
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:18:20 -0500

Hi Carol

Additional to Elaines info

checked the marriage repertoire for the Paroisse Saint-Gregoire-de-Nazianze
de Buckingham (1836-1975), one of the churchs that sent missionaries up the
Ottawa River before a church was established on the island. No record of
this marriage is shown in this repertoire. This is the repertoire taken from
the records shown on LDS film 1031875.
You mite have some problems with this marriage. I also have a marriage from
this era between a Francios-Xavier Gaudet and a Isabelle Laronde for which
no record can be found. I have tried everywhere with no success but I did
find a note on one of the films that Elaine mentions that says most of the
records between (I think) 1837 and 1846 are missing and presumed lost.
However, you could check the other film just in case.

Best of luck with yer research

Ron Johnston, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
researching Johnston, Gaudet/Gaudette, Laronde, Gowanlock, Bible