QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-01 > 1012224737

From: "Elaine Brown" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Lookup? MARIAGES de PONTIAC
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:32:17 -0500

Hi Carol,

I have this record in my database since some of Joseph & Marguerite's
descendants married into my family although my interest has been more in the
descendants of the Pack family some of whom are also related to me.

The book has: Boisvert, Joseph, maj. s/o Jos. & f. Judith Souci; Yamachiche
05-09-1841 Chap., Miss Ayl.
Pyke, Marguerite, min d/o Samuel & Margaret Corney.

What I have is: Joseph BOISVERT b: Abt. 1809 Lower Canada d: 05 Oct 1897
Allumette Is., Pontiac Co., QC Burial: 07 Oct 1897 88 years, present
Alphonse Boisvert, Peter Marcotte
.. +Marguerite PACK b: Abt. 1823 Co. Clare, Ireland m: 05 Sep 1841 Chapeau,
Pontiac Co., QC (mission d'Alymer) d: 12 Jan 1897 Allumette Is., Pontiac
Co., QC Burial: 14 Jan 1897 74 years, present Damase Pleau, Joseph Boisvert
Father: Samuel PACK Mother: Margaret DONNELLY/DONNELLAN

Some of their children:
Joseph m: 24 Nov 1863 Mary Ann LEDGERWOOD
Samuel m: 09 Apr 1866 Cleophile LAVALLEE
Sarah m: 03 Sep 1866 Francois LARIVIERE
Marguerite m: 15 Sep 1867 Pierre MARCOTTE
William m: 07 May 1872 Armania LARIVIERE
Alphonse m: 10 Jul 1877 Mary Julia VANASSE

IF the record was recorded at St. Alphonse you won't find it there as the
records don't start until 1846 due to an Allumette Island fire. Also the
area was served by missionaries so you may find the record at
Saint-Paul-d'Aylmer or Saint-Etienne-de-Chelsea, or Saint-
Frances-de-Gatineau which are all included on LDS film 1031890. I haven't
researched that film. Another parish may be Saint-Grégoire-de-Naziance at
Buckingham LDS 1031875 where many Allumette Island marriages and baptisms
are recorded. I believe all of these records are in répertoires so someone
may be able to look that up for you. The Packs lived mostly in Goulbourn
Twp., Carleton Co. before moving up to the Island.

Hope this helps,

Elaine Brown