QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-01 > 1011302546

From: "B. Benware Burt" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Re: Birthday
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:24:39 -0500

Father Owen,

I recently had to ask someone with whom I'd shared family information to
take my husband's, son's and my personal data off a website where he had
(without our permission) posted it with the rest of the genealogy I'd given
him. My fears were exactly what you expressed, and yet, in this instance, I
never gave a thought to the archives being there forever and the possibility
of someone mis-using our personal information shared among friends on the
list.

Thanks for being the "wise one" in this group. (Not to be misconstrued as
"wise guy"!)

Regards,
Barbara