QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-01 > 1011251496

From: "Linda Maitland" <>
Subject: RE: [Q-R] Frederick Miller Lallemand/Charlotte Bertrand Desrochers
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:11:36 -0800

Hi Elizabeth,

There is a Frederick Miller listed in the "Register of German Military
Men Who Remained in Canada" in John Merz's book "The Hessians of
Quebec". This Frederick Miller married in 1787 in Montreal, so he may
not be the one you're looking for, but, then again, maybe this was a
second marriage. However, when it comes to German settlers in Quebec,
John Merz, the listowner of the 'other' Quebec list, and other listers
on that list are the ones who will have answers for you. If you've
never been on that list before, lurk awhile before posting; it has very
strick rules.

Good luck,
Linda Maguire Maitland
Vancouver, BC