QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-01 > 1011247633

From: "Jeanne Payne" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Frederick Miller Lallemand/Charlotte Bertrand Desrochers
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 01:10:05 -0500

Hi Elizabeth,

The Lallemand may have been entered into the record at some point
because of national origin - L'allemand is "the German" -- I have seen this
used in some of the PRDH records. Not everyone who came and settled in
Quebec/New France was of French origin. Maybe Frederick Miller Lallemand
was Friedrich Mueller, the German. It's just a thought.
Also regarding first names: children often had more names than are
listed in marriage records or baptism records. A Marie Charlotte Elisabeth
Smith could appear in different records by any or all of these first
names -- makes it kind of confusing when so many were named Marie.
I'll keep an eye out for your people -- I don't have Longueuil sources,
so I'll check some of the other ones that are nearby.
Jeanne

> I am in need of information regarding a Frederick Miller and a Charlotte
Bertrand and their daughter Felicite, who married Francois Raymond Feb. 2,
1801 in Longueuil.

This thread: