QUEBEC-BEAUHUNTCHAT-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-BEAUHUNTCHAT > 2003-04 > 1050188926

From: Gordon W Turnbull <>
Subject: [QUE-BHC GENEALOGY] Research Resources Suggestions
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:08:46 -0500

I plan to visit the Chateauguay Valley/Beauharnois District to research
my connection to the BRYDEN family group that resided in the Ormstown and
Valleyfield area from c1820's and beyond. I would like to develop a list
of resources that would be available to me to research this BRYDEN
family line; i.e. Church records, Cemetery records, Newspaper archives,
Land records, BMD records, Other civil or local records, Maps, Museums,
Libraries, Genealogical organizations and any other resources or
individuals that might be available.

The CVHS has indicated they have some information available but I do not
know where they are located. Suggestions from anyone knowledgeable of
the genealogy and history of this area and time period would very much be
appreciated.

Gordon Turnbull, Libertyville, IL
"The Turnbulls of Rossie, NY since 1820"

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

This thread: