QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2004-02 > 1077896538

From: "Violet Guy" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Re: MOTTS and COFFINS
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:42:18 -0500

To: Sndtenterprises,

The James Mott home was in CHELTON HILLS, for I inadvertantly left off the
"s" (sorry) -- the Motts renamed the house "Roadside". They purchased it in
1857 of the 19th Century and we are now in the 21st Century.

Yes, I had figured it might be in Cheltenham section with all those
beautiful old homes built prior to the turn of the 20th Century. I have a
Rand McNally "the road atlas -2002", which looks a little "whacky" to me for
I lived during 1975-1990 in (Eastern) Montgomery County in Laverock (the old
Newbold Estate land) - in a '1950-60s house, just behind LaSalle College
High School parking lot (a private prep-school), off of Cheltenham Avenue.
Our subdivision was in both Springfield Township & Cheltham Township,
(Eastern) Montgomery County, PA; and it was in an area bounded by Church
Road & Cheltenham Avenue between Paper Mill Road & Ivy Hill Road -- we could
hear traffic from Hwy 309. Our Zip Code was 19118 -- Chestnut Hill
(Philadelphia) Post Office. (Note: my atlas map shows a La Mott, PA on
Cheltenham Ave, west of Hwy 611 - any resemblane or connection?)

Violet Guy
02/27/2004