QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-10 > 1067005519

From: Jo Ann Reynolds <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Charity Hollingsworth m Jonathan Cox-MiamiMM
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:25:19 -0500

Thanks,
I do know that the Hollingsworth family had several daughters named Charity
and sometimes the trail gets fuzzy. I think I have Charity's genealogy
down pretty well but now I want to locate documentation with primary and
good secondary source materials. Jonathan Cox's family is another story.
I know that the trail leads back to Miami MM Ohio and probably back to
Laurens SC. Apparently the whole Quaker community got up and migrated to
Ohio in opposition to the slave issue in SC. I strongly suspect the Coxes
came down to the SC/NC area from PA and originally from NJ. I just haven't
yet been able to document the trail. I am hoping to find this in Quaker
records. The Hollingsworth family was better documented. Ironically I
live just down the road from the Vermilion Grove church and heard the name
Hollingsworth all my life with no knowledge this was my genetic heritage
until about a year ago! This was quite a surprise! I will try this site.
Thanks
Jo Ann Reynolds
Illinois