QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-04 > 1051742463

From: "Horace D. Satcher" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Ely, Stacy, Kirkbride, Sotcher, Loftus
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:41:03 -0500

At 08:58 AM 04/30/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello, I've been watching messages for some time and haven't seen anyone
with family questions or information on the Quakers in my family line.
These include Ely, Stacy(e), Kirkbride, Sotcher and Loftus (the ones who
married in Penn Manor). Specifically in my direct line are Rebecca Ely who
married Mahlon Stacye, they had Sarah Stacy who married Joseph Kirkbride,
they had Mahlon Kirkbride who married Mary Sotcher (daughter of Mary
Loftus/Loftis and John Sotcher/Satcher). I'd like to connect with anyone
who has these family members in common, or any direction for me on where to
locate more information on these individuals as well as their sidelines.
Thanks, Tracy Ely

>Tracy,
I am a descendant of Robert Sotcher(Satcher) brother of Mary Sotcher who
married Mahlon Kirkbride. I have not seen the work by Mahlon Kirbride (a
later generation) but Sarah Fell in a work done in 1890's says that Mahlon
Kirkride used "Satcher". Satcher is definitely used by Robert's son Samuel
in South Carolina.

Jane W T Brey in her work "A Quaker Saga" about the Watson family (Mark
Watson married Ann Satcher, also a sister of Mary Satcher Kirkbride) has
some info on the Kirkbrides, Satcher and I think Stacy.

The home of Robert Sotcher is in Falls Township - you can reach it at
3arches.org.

Falls monthly meeting records contains a lot of info on the Satchers and
the Kirkbrides.

Horace

This thread: